Judge sets Conor McGregor's at $50K after UFC bus attack
- Author: Julie Sanders Apr 08, 2018,
Apr 08, 2018, 16:23
UFC president Dana White said Thursday that it was "definitely the worst thing ever that's happened" in the organization's history.
Video showed McGregor with a group of people causing chaos Thursday as they took an elevator to the loading dock at Barclays Center. The respective bouts of the latter were taken off the card, along with Artem Lobov's fight, who was allegedly involved in the incident.
As McGregor left the court yesterday in a black car, fans shouted: "We love you Conor".
"We were actually working on a new deal and a new plan for him all this week".
The Notorious, 29, has been released on $50,000 bail, having been charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief.
He was charged by New York City Police Department (NYPD) after an incident at a UFC media day.
McGregor's agent, Audie Attar, released a statement Saturday addressing the situation saying there is "so much rumor and misinformation about my client". Should Nurmagomedov prevail, he will take the title that was held by McGregor.
UFC announced Nurmagomedov will fight Al Iaquinta, who didn't make the weight limit and will not be eligible to win the title. He's in bad shape. The complainants appear to be on a bus.
White also said while McGregor was apologetic about "upsetting or injuring the other fighters" on the bus, he was not remorseful about the incident.
"I have no beef with him, I have no beef with any of his people".
Ferguson was originally scheduled to face Nurmagomedov in a highly anticipated showdown but the contest had to be canceled for a fourth time when the American suffered a freak knee injury last week.
Scores of news photographers and multiple broadcast trucks waited for a glimpse of McGregor leaving the police station in a quiet residential Brooklyn neighborhood.Efforts to reach McGregor's representatives were not successful. McGregor profanely responded on Twitter and wrote, "You'll strip me of nothing".
McGregor reportedly turned up unannounced at the end of the press event publicising the UFC 223.
"This is way bigger than 'are you going to fire the guy?' This is criminal", he said. In point of fact, he hasn't had a real fight since Nov. 12, 2016.
So, the NYSAC appears to be in the right place, which is to say the commission is doing its job dispassionately, not jumping to conclusions or letting public sentiment influence its job.