Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez 'not contemplating' Cristiano Ronaldo exit
- Author: Julie Sanders Jun 22, 2017,
Jun 22, 2017, 13:37
According to a court document seen by AFP, Di Maria will pay around 2-million euros to the Spanish authorities after pleading guilty to two counts of fraud committed in 2012 and 2013 when he was a Real Madrid player.
The statement also said that Mourinho had received a certificate from the authorities confirming that he was "up to date with all his tax obligations".
Mourinho became a Spanish tax resident in 2010 when he joined Real, but did not declare image rights earnings because he had transferred his image rights to a company based in the British Virgin Islands in 2004.
Portuguese sports daily A Bola had also claimed that Perez had already been informed of the 32-year-old's decision.
The Portugal superstar Ronaldo, who is now playing for his country at the ongoing Fifa Confederations Cup in Russian Federation, is said to be unhappy in Spain after allegations surfaced that he had committed tax fraud.
Perez, newly re-elected as Real chief, gave an interview on Spanish radio last night but failed to categorically say whether his star player would remain with the club despite claims he wants to leave.
"From now on it will be the judge in charge of the case who will take the necessary steps to determine the possible responsibilities of Mr Mourinho".
Last week, Ronaldo was accused by a state prosecutor of four counts of tax fraud totaling 14.7 million euros ($16.5 million).
In three years with Real Madrid, Mourinho won La Liga in 2012 and the Spanish Cup in 2011.
And finally, they accuse him of "voluntarily" refusing to include 28.4 million euros in income linked to the sale of his image rights for the 2015 to 2020 period to a Spanish company.
The prison term will be suspended as is common in Spain for first offences for non-violent crimes carrying a sentence of less than two years.
In 2016, Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano received a one-year suspended prison sentence for tax fraud while Barca superstars Lionel Messi and Neymar are both now awaiting court decisions.