Real Madrid reject Ronaldo exit talk
- Author: Julie Sanders Jun 20, 2017,
Jun 20, 2017, 23:23
The reigning Ballon d'Or and Best FIFA Men's Player award victor is believed to feel singled out for disproportionate treatment after Spanish prosecutors accused him of evading tax of 14.7million euros (£12.8m).
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent.
Ronaldo, 32, is said to want to leave Spain after being accused of tax fraud.
And he has also complained on multiple occasions in the past at his treatment at the hands of Real supporters, who have resorted to jeering and booing his performance on the pitch.
"Last year we had the chance to sign him but we didn't take it and now we don't have any agreement with Manchester United to sign him". This is very odd and in the next few days I'll talk to him. He always told me he is at ease in Real Madrid.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he has not spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo about his future, but will do so after the Confederations Cup.
Meanwhile, there is concern that Ronaldo's situation could delay United's mooted move for striker Morata. Perez says he will hold talks with the 32-year-old after his national side's campaign in the ongoing Federation Internationale de Football Association event.
"It's no coincidence that he's in a very important tournament, the Confederations Cup".
There has been speculation that Ronaldo is trying to put pressure on Real so that they will bear some of the burden of an eventual fine as Barcelona did for Lionel Messi.
United and Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly interested in signing Ronaldo in the summer transfer window, reports the Sun. He scored 42 goals in all competitions and played a key role in helping his club win the Champions League and the La Liga.