London mosque attack suspect arrested on terror grounds
- Author: Leroy Wright Jun 20, 2017,
Jun 20, 2017, 18:03
Darren Osborne was named in the British press as the man arrested on suspicion of ploughing a van yesterday into a group of Muslims in London.
London's first Muslim mayor, Sadiq Khan, called the incident a "horrific terrorist attack", and "clearly a deliberate attack on innocent Londoners, many of whom were finishing prayers during the holy month of Ramadan". "The situation is still unfolding and I urge all Londoners to remain calm and vigilant".
"At this stage in the investigation, it is believed that the suspect acted alone but we are of course investigating all the circumstances leading up to the attack", the statement said.
Police are searching a residential address in Pentwyn, where Osborne is listed as living, in connection with the attack. "A man, a father of six children, being killed in cold blood and many injured by an extremist, by a terrorist", Mr Kozbar said.
At least one person has been killed and 10 injured in a suspected terror attack after a man driving a van allegedly shouting "I'm going to kill all Muslims" mowed down worshippers outside a mosque in North London.
The man said: "I have been living in London now nearly eight years - it is a good place, a safe place, but after what happened it doesn't seem to be as we thought it was". He was taken to a hospital as a precaution, where he'll receive a mental health assessment, according to the statement.
Abdulrahman Aidroos said he and his friends had been tending an old man who had suffered a heart attack when the van was driven at them.
"What I can say on this case is this individual, so far as we know at the moment, was not known to us, but we are aware of a rise in the far right, "Wallace told The Guardian".