United Kingdom police make new arrest in London Bridge attack inquiry
- Author: Zachary Reyes Jun 18, 2017,
Jun 18, 2017, 7:29
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command arrested a 28-year-old man at a residential address in East London at 2:05 a.m., police said.
Another arrest has been made in the investigation into the London Bridge attack.
A 27-year-old arrested under the Terrorism Act on Tuesday was also released without charge on Saturday.
Police have seven people in custody over suspected links to the three attackers who killed eight people on and around London Bridge on June 3.
The Metropolitan Police, in a statement posted on its website, said the man was taken into custody at a south London police station and was being detained under the Terrorism Act.
Witnesses described seeing the 39-year-old Echeverria using a skateboard against attackers before he fell to the ground during last Saturday's attacks on and near London Bridge.
As investigators uncover more information relating to the attacks, it is becoming clear that the three terrorists, Khuram Butt, Youssef Zaghba and Rachid Redouane had been planning a much larger assault. Ho said he couldn't attack them as one of them might detonate what he believed was a genuine suicide belt and kill them all. The fake suicide belts were made up of leather belts, with water bottles covered in tape attached. Police have released 12 others who had been arrested in the early days of the investigation.
Police are asking for help in figuring out where this knife was purchased.
After his payment was declined, Butt and his two accomplices rented a smaller van that they used to plow into crowds before they leapt from the vehicle and went on a stabbing rampage in an attack that left eight people dead and almost 50 people injured.
Ms Hedge said it was "one quick go and that was it".