Jun 17, 2017, 17:55
Several U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan were wounded Saturday when an Afghan comrade opened fire on them - the second insider attack on American troops in a week.
A spokesman for the USA military command, based in Kabul, dismissed reports that American soldiers had been killed.
According to Afghan news agency Pajhwok Afghan News, four North Atlantic Treaty Organisation soldiers were killed in attack by an Afghan soldier in northern Balkh province and details were awaited.
The statement further added "At this time we can confirm there are no U.S. or NATO Resolute Support fatalities".
At least one Afghan soldier was killed and another wounded, the US official said.
Last week three US soldiers were killed by an Afghan soldier in eastern Nangarhar province.
Abdul Qahar Araam, spokesman for the Afghan Army's 209th Corps, said earlier that the Americans were fatally shot.
UN Voices Concern About Rising Tensions Between U.S., Iran
Theresa May To Ask British Lawmakers To Vote On Second Brexit Referendum
Trump says 'Pro-Life' but favors exceptions for rape, incest
US Moves Toward Tariff Hikes on Another $300 Billion in Chinese Goods
Trump offers Iran direct line to White House, report says