London Bridge attack: 19-year-old arrested in raids

The 19-year-old was detained in Barking after counter-terror police carried out a warrant at an address.

London police released pictures of phony explosives worn by attackers and designed to create "maximum fear" in last week's attacks on London Bridge and nearby Borough Market.

Six other men are in custody in connection with last Saturday's incident in which eight people were killed and 50 injured after three Islamist militants drove into pedestrians on London Bridge and stabbed people.

The attackers, identified as Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba, were fatally shot by police.

Khan says "our resilience, unity and defiance of those evil individuals who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life will never change". "I was vomiting blood". The fake suicide belts were made up of leather belts, with water bottles covered in tape attached.

Metropolitan Police Commander Dean Haydon praised the bravery of the police officers and members of public who tackled the three - despite the possibility they could have been killed in an explosion.

And on Sunday, Southwark Cathedral - which had been cordoned off in the days after the attack - re-opened its doors for the first time.

Detectives have made 21 arrests as part of the probe.

Twelve others who were arrested in the early stages of the investigation have been released without charge.

"He was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000", the police said in a statement published late on Sunday.

  • Leroy Wright