Costa: I am not in Conte's plans
- Author: Julie Sanders Jun 14, 2017,
Jun 14, 2017, 21:36
Last week the Spanish striker claimed he received a text message from manager Antonio Conte informing him he was now surplus to requirements, and Talksport says that the 28-year-old is now actively looking for new employment.
The Chelsea striker scored what proved to be Spain's victor to secure a 2-1 victory at Macedonia on Sunday that kept it top of its 2018 World Cup qualifying group.
"I have a contract with Chelsea, they have to know what to do with me and I have to wait and know the decision that my club takes", Conte is quoted as saying by Sky Sports.
"I have to leave Chelsea this summer because Conte has told me that he's not counting on me [for next season]".
Next year, Chelsea may very well be right back where they left off this season, and for that there's plenty to be excited about when Chelsea is your team.
Jianlin has strong links with several clubs in the Chinese Super League and Atletico are hopeful that they could convince Costa to make a temporary switch until their transfer ban is lifted. There is a World Cup to think about and I need to play.
Costa's locker at the Cobham training ground has already been cleared - because Chelsea are switching kit suppliers to Adidas for next season.
AC Milan have also been linked with a move for Costa, while the Brazilian-born Spain worldwide has rejected the idea of a move to China, as it would jeopardise his hopes of playing in the World Cup.
Chelsea troubled striker Diego Costa has leaked that he's not in Antonio Conte's plan next season. "It's a shame. but it is obvious that I'm not in the manager's plans and he doesn't want me there".
Would-be buyers now know Chelsea are desperate to sell, as do those who might sell the Premier League champions a replacement - such as Everton, who are less likely than ever to reduce their £100million valuation of Romelu Lukaku.
Serving quality football news from around the globe.