What we know about the assailants in the London terror attack
- Author: Leroy Wright Jun 12, 2017,
Jun 12, 2017, 10:18
The body of 45-year-old Xavier Thomas was pulled from the Thames on Tuesday, downstream from the London Bridge, pushing the death toll from Saturday's terrorist attack to eight, authorities said.
Police investigating the London Bridge terror attack have arrested a 27-year-old man in east London.
The married father-of-two, who worked for London Underground as a trainee customer services assistant for almost six months past year, could be seen in the programme arguing with police officers in the street, after displaying a flag used by so-called Islamic State in a London park.
The man, the 13th person arrested in the investigation, was held under the Terrorism Act.
Just minutes before the body was recovered, police had issued an appeal to find Mr Thomas, whose girlfriend Christine Delcros was badly injured in the attack when the terrorists' van smashed into pedestrians on London Bridge.
There has been no official comment on the reports from United Kingdom authorities, but Scotland Yard said Zaghba was not a police or MI5 "subject of interest".
Police said Zaghba had not been a subject of interest for them or for the MI5 domestic intelligence agency. Witnesses said people threw chairs and pint glasses at the men, who wore what police said were fake explosive vests.
Australian Kirsty Boden was also killed after she ran towards people being attacked to try to help them, according to a statement released by her family.
Boats from the police marine unit and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution have been searching the river since the attack.
Abedi killed 22 people and wounded more than 100 when he detonated a bomb at the crowded Manchester Arena, where USA pop star Ariana Grande had been performing.
Zaghba, along with previously identified attackers Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane, lived in east London. The charges the others face remain unclear.
A second named suspect, 30-year-old Rachid Redouane, claimed to be Moroccan and Libyan.
Youssef Zaghba, 22, the son of an Italian mother and Moroccan father, was reportedly stopped at Italy's Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport past year as he was headed to Syria via Turkey.