Afghan Army commando killed U.S. soldiers in Nangarhar Afghanistan
- Author: Leroy Wright Jun 10, 2017,
Jun 10, 2017, 19:32
Afghan officials say more than 150 people were killed and 460 others were wounded in a massive suicide truck bombing in Kabul, on May 31.The bombing was the deadliest single attack in Kabul since the ouster of the Taliban following the US -led invasion in 2001. The Afghan soldier who opened fire was killed after the attack, which took place in the Achin district.
Attahullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the provincial governor in Nangarhar province, said that two other US soldiers were also wounded in the attack.
Killing US soldiers by Afghan soldiers is not a news in Afghanistan and such incidents had been reported in past also.
Taliban insurgents have made widespread gains in Helmand, seizing numerous province's districts and threatening the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah.
"We would like to express our deepest condolences to the families of the ABP members affected by this unfortunate incident", it said in a statement.
US Army Command is Afghanistan is yet to confirm number of causalities while spokesman of Governor of Nangarhar province Attahullah Khogyani has confirmed that at least two US soldiers were killed before Afghan commando was shot dead.
Civilian casualties from both U.S. and Afghan air raids increased dramatically past year, according to the UN's most recent report on threats to civilians.
Air raids by United States fighter jets have sharply increased in recent months, just as the White House considers requests from military commanders to send thousands more troops to Afghanistan.