Police arrest 3 more in London Bridge attack investigation

He added: "We are paying a heavy cost in these attacks".

Police carried out a new search in a neighborhood in east London near the home of two of the London Bridge attackers.

British authorities have said Zaghba had not been a subject of interest for them or the domestic intelligence agency MI5.

"The British people are courageous, stand tall and do not give up".

Gabrielli spoke to reporters Wednesday on the Sicilian island of Lampedusa, where police chiefs from nine European Union countries were meeting to discuss migration and terrorism issues. Britain did not participate.

Early on Wednesday, police arrested a 30-year-old man in East London in connection with the attack and searched his home.

Mr Rowley said: "While formal identification is yet to take place, detectives believe they know the identity of the attackers". About 50 others were wounded.

At least four wine bottles with paper "fuses" wrapped around their necks were taken from the Hertz hire van which crashed outside a pub on the south side of the bridge on Saturday night. Her family said she had died in her fiancé's arms after being struck by the attackers' speeding van. Delcros was badly injured in the attack and is now recovering in hospital after undergoing a two-hour operation to reset her shattered pelvis.

Tara posted on Facebook: "Even though there was limbo for days, there was still a bit of hope".

Two more of the people killed in the attack on Saturday night have also been named - Australian nurse Kirsty Boden, 28, and French national Alexandre Pigeard, 27.

The latest arrests come on the eve of Britain's general election on Thursday, after a political campaign marred by the London attack and a suicide bombing in Manchester last month which left 22 people dead.

"I feel like I did what any other person would have done", he said.

Meanwhile, the Spanish government has been putting pressure on authorities in the U.K.to speed efforts to identify attack victims, focusing particularly on Ignacio Echeverría, a Spanish national who has been missing since Saturday's attack.

"We need to look at the root causes and tackle those root causes to ensure that not one more life is lost on our soil", said Qari Asim, Imam at Leeds Mosque.

He changed, she said, when he went to Britain about a year ago and was seduced by radical views propagated on the internet.

Zaghba was said to have been placed on a watch list by Italian authorities and flagged to their Moroccan and British counterparts, but a lack of evidence about his intentions meant his phone and passport were returned, Italian media reported.

Harry was in Sydney on Wednesday to launch the 2018 Invictus Games.

  • Zachary Reyes