Father of Manchester bomb suspect 'was in militant group'

So far 10 people have been arrested since the attack and eight men remained in custody for questioning as officers conducted a huge security operation aimed at dismantling an alleged network of accomplices who aided 22-year-old Salman Abedi to carry out the deadly attack.

The Tripoli-based force arrested Abedi's father and brother after Monday's attack at a pop concert which killed 22 people and was claimed by the Islamic State group.

Queen Elizabeth visited the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, where some of the casualties have been treated, and was filmed chatting with a girl lying injured on a ward.

A German security official told The Associated Press on Thursday the report was accurate. Former U.S. President Barack Obama, meeting German Chancellor Angela Merkel at an event in Berlin, said the pair were "heartbroken", while Trump told fellow North Atlantic Treaty Organisation leaders the attack was "savage" and "barbaric". They also included a graphic of the area where the bomb exploded, pinpointing where the victims' bodies were found.

British authorities did not say that the investigation had in fact been compromised by the leaks. He also says there has been a lot of progress in the investigation, but much work remains to be done. She was scheduled to perform in London Thursday and Friday.

Interior minister Amber Rudd had described the leaks as "irritating" early on Thursday, after details about bomber Salman Abedi, including his name, first appeared in US media, adding that Britain's allies were perfectly clear that it "shouldn't happen again".

"I think it's pretty disgusting", said Scott Lightfoot, a Manchester resident, speaking outside a train station in the city. Information-sharing resumed after USA officials said evidence would be protected.

Grande said she will have more details to share about the concert once everything is finalized.

Meanwhile, national level campaigning for the June 8 general election is set to resume today after local level campaigns resumed yesterday following suspension in the wake of the attack.

Hours later, the New York Times published a series of detailed forensic photographs from the crime scene that showed, among other things, fragments of a blue backpack that may have contained the assailant's bomb. "When that trust is breached, it undermines these relationships, and undermines our investigations and the confidence of victims, witnesses and their families".

The Manchester United and Manchester City Football Clubs announced they have jointly pledged 1 million pounds ($1.29 million) to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund.

  • Larry Hoffman