Passengers on a cross-country flight last night have all safely arrived at their destination after a surprise laptop battery fire forced the flight to make an emergency landing in MI. "I knew something was going to happen because you know, lithium batteries catching on fire when you're up at 38,000 feet, you can't help but think you gotta do something, so I was prepared for it".
The flight attendants on board were prompt and calm while responding to the situation, Honniball said.
The fire was put out, but the flight diverted to Grand Rapids, Michigan where it then sat on the tarmac for three hours while emergency crews took the battery away and inspected the plane.
JetBlue said there were reports of smoke coming from a carry-on bag that had the laptop inside. JetBlue does not usually operate flights out of Ford but no injuries were reported and the aircraft was not damaged, according to the FAA.
The airport tweeted that the flight is refueled and on its way to SFO. "Numerous threats against aviation".