Father of alleged Manchester bomber Salman Abedi says his son is innocent
- Author: Leroy Wright May 25, 2017,
May 25, 2017, 18:03
Today, three other men have been arrested and a block of flats on Granby Row, central Manchester has been raided by armed police.
But disclosures in the US media about the Manchester attack have clearly troubled senior British ministers and investigators.
May's decision came because authorities have not been able to find the bomb making factory where Abedi's suicide vest was manufactured. Her French counterpart, Gerard Collomb said that he did have links with Islamic State and had probably visited Syria as well.
The singer has since flown back to the U.S. and officials have said there remains uncertainty over whether two of her other planned concerts at London's O2 Arena on Thursday and Friday would go ahead. "The British police have been very clear that they want to control the flow of information in order to protect operational integrity... the element of surprise", Interior Minister Amber Rudd told BBC radio.
A friend told the newspaper that Abedi, a Manchester-born university student had left for Libya less than a month ago.
Twenty-two people were killed and dozens were wounded when a bomb went off at the end of a concert in the English city on Monday night. Great Britain has since upgraded its terror threat, with officials warning another attack could be imminent.
Troops were also deployed across the United Kingdom to help prevent further attacks. Initially, 984 soldiers had been ordered to report. As of Wednesday morning, police say, they've identified all victims who lost their lives and contacted all of the families involved.
The head of Britain's domestic intelligence agency MI5, Andrew Parker, cancelled his attendance at an global anti-terrorism meeting in Germany this week as intelligence forces work round the clock on the Manchester attack investigation.The Palace of Westminster, which houses the UK Parliament, has been closed to the public for regular tours following police advice, and will not re-open until further notice, a statement on its website said.
The impact will be felt by tourists in London, where the daily Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, which draws thousands of onlookers, was cancelled on Wednesday.
Britain also has a national election coming up on June 8.
"Resuming democratic debate and campaigning is an essential mark of the country's determination to defend our democracy and the unity that the terrorist have sought to attack", he said. The U.K. Independence Party said it would resume activities on Thursday.