Police arrest 23-year old man over Manchester attack
- Author: Leroy Wright May 24, 2017,
May 24, 2017, 0:08
After the tragic events that transpired at Ariana Grande's Manchester, England concert on May 22, leaving 22 dead and 59 injured, HollywoodLife.com has exclusively learned that Ari's boyfriend Mac Miller, 25, is strongly considering canceling the remainder of his tour, just as she did.
They did not provide details.
Guardiola, after spending time with his loved ones through Monday night and into Tuesday morning, left Manchester for Abu Dhabi for the pre-planned meeting with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and other senior figures.
The attack comes just two and a half weeks before Britain goes to the polls in a general election, campaigning for which has been suspended due to the attack.
The first unconfirmed reports of an explosion emerged shortly after 2145 GMT on Monday.
The top USA intelligence official, Dan Coats, said the American government had not verified whether or how Islamic State was responsible.
Queen Elizabeth II condemned the attack as an "act of barbarity", voicing sympathy for victims and emergency workers.
"I mean, we brought our children out for a day out thinking we'll have a really good concert, they'll remember the concert but probably for the wrong reasons".
The attack sparked a nightlong search for loved-ones - parents for the children they had accompanied or had been waiting to pick up, and friends for each other after groups were scattered by the blast.
While Saffie was still considered missing, a friend of the family has appealed for help on Facebook in a post urging anyone with information to contact her.
U.S. star Grande, who escaped unharmed, tweeted she was "broken", adding: 'From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry.
The threat level in the country remained "high", she noted, meaning a terrorist attack was highly likely, The Guardian reported.
"We just ran as fast as we could to get away", Lunt said. It described her as "a lovely young student who was very popular with her peers and the staff".
As of Tuesday morning, ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack (with their standard "soldier of the caliphate" language), but the group has not delivered any evidence to prove their involvement.
Grande tweeted after the incident that she was "broken".
Gary Lineker, another former England worldwide and now a television presenter, summed up a mood of widespread revulsion when he tweeted: "To target children at a concert is beyond comprehension". Scotland's chief constable has also confirmed people there will see more armed police on patrol at "transport hubs and crowded places".