More Arrests Made In Connection To Manchester Attack At Ariana Grande Concert

Britain's top anti-terrorism officer Mark Rowley said events would only go ahead when it was safe to do so and the decision to raise the threat level had been made on a "precautionary basis" due to gaps in police knowledge while the investigation continues.

May chaired a meeting of her security Cabinet and concluded that 22-year-old British citizen Salman Abedi, who reportedly carried out Monday night's attack, may have been part of a wider network that is poised to strike again.

British Prime Minister Theresa May announced Tuesday night that the country's terror threat level has been raised from "severe" to "critical", its highest level.

This is the first time in 10 years the government has used that designation for the threat level, according to The Los Angeles Times.

In a brief update Tuesday, Chief Constable Ian Hopkins of the Greater Manchester Police confirmed the identity of the suspect as 22-year-old Salman Ramadan Abedi.

"There is always that fear. but I allow her to go because I say we can not allow terrorism to take over our lives", the mother said Tuesday following the Ariana Grande tragedy in Manchester, England.

Investigators hunted Tuesday for possible accomplices of suicide bomber Salman Abedi, whose identity was provided by British counter-terrorism officials to USA authorities. London Police Commander Jane Connors said the goal is to "make our city as hostile an environment as possible for terrorists to plan and operate".

Simon Turner, who also lives in the area, said that two "young lads" lived in the house but he knew very little about them.

Police set off a controlled explosion to enter the house in Elsmore Road in Fallowfield, further fraying the nerves of on-edge residents. "I don't have words". Police say the attacker was among those whose bodies was found at the arena.

"When we left, down the stairs there was probably early teenagers lying on the floor covered in blood and blood on the walls where they'd been laid, so it was just horrifying", female concert-goer Alex Grayson told AFP.

Families were separated, with dozens of young people taken to nearby hotels overnight, and some parents were still desperately searching for their children on Tuesday.

Morgan tweeted it was "time for Muslims to expose, name and shame radicalised members of their communities BEFORE they kill", together with an image of eight-year-old Manchester victim Saffie-Rose Roussos.

"The work undertaken throughout the day has revealed that it is a possibility that we can not ignore, that there is a wider group of individuals linked to this attack", May said in a speech Tuesday.

The Islamic State militant group (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement posted on Twitter. Thankfully I have this wonderful family and fantastic friends to keep each other strong.

As anxiety-inducing as concert going by kids can be, whether parents attend or not, Los Angeles licensed psychologist Crystal I. Lee sees no upside in letting fear take over.

At Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth II marked a moment of silence alongside her husband Prince Philip as well as Prince Charles and his wife Camilla.

A man photographs a sign in Manchester, Britain.

Abedi was named by US media outlets hours before the United Kingdom authorities officially confirmed his identity.

The attack was the deadliest in Britain since four suicide bombers killed 52 London commuters on subway trains and a bus in July 2005.

  • Zachary Reyes