Incident happens at Ariana Grande concert

An explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, which left at least 19 people dead on Monday, is believed to be the latest attack on a music event and could lead to increased security at similar venues in the United States.

"Emergency services are dealing with an incident near Manchester Victoria, resulting in all lines being closed", operator Northern Railway wrote on its website.

Bomb disposal units were seen at Manchester Arena after an explosion during an Ariana Grande concert.

Emma Johnson, who told BBC radio she and her husband were at the arena to pick up their 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter, said the explosion was "definitely" in the foyer.

Some 59 people were also injured in the blast when the attacker detonated an improvised explosive device at the Manchester Arena.

A U.S. official said suicide bombing is now considered to be the "likely" reason for the blast and a male at the scene in Manchester has been identified as the probable bomber. "From the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words".

Video from inside the arena showed concertgoers screaming as they made their way out amid a sea of pink balloons.

Here is what we know so far about the suspected terrorist attack at Manchester Arena. "This is clearly a concerning time for people but we are doing all we can to support those affected and gather information about what has happened". The police are treating it as a terror incident. In November 2015, gunmen killed 90 people at the Bataclan concert hall in Paris during a performance from American rock band Eagles of Death Metal. "Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured", he tweeted.

Britain's terrorist threat level has been set at "severe" in recent years indicating an attack is highly likely. "Then madness broke out", she said.

In March, a British-born convert to Islam ploughed a vehicle into pedestrians on London's Westminster Bridge, killing four people before stabbing to death a police officer who was on the grounds of parliament.

Police said the wounded were sent to six hospitals across Manchester, one of the UK's largest cities.

"There was this heat on my neck and when I looked up there were bodies everywhere", she said. They're telling us to wait by the phones. "I got the teens to run with me". "Parents were frantic running about trying to get to their children", she said.

  • Zachary Reyes