Tips for Golf Championship
- Author: Julie Sanders May 10, 2017,
May 10, 2017, 18:34
The time has come for the 5th Major unofficial of the season and you can check all the weekly tips for making the right bets during the Golf Championship. Try golf betting at William Hill Online.
Without any doubts, it is one of the great golf events in the whole year. The tournament opened the doors for many golf players, and now the legends.
There are many obstacles on the field which make tournament not so easy to predict and so interesting at the same time.
Do you remember how Jason Day the First Number last year took the victory? Well now, he is definitely off the course, so you need to count this.
This title went to the Dustin Johnson, who became the most obvious favorite for the victory. Well, in the past he had his ups and downs at the Sawgrass, and the record is pretty modest. He did not make it to the top ten, while he still makes the cuts.
And don’t forget about legendary Rory McIlroy, after his recent bold announcement. Many bettors believe that he is the one who will steal the victory and all the glory this year. His records at the Sawgrass are fascinating. During the last years, he has never been out from the top twelve. Anyway, he was off and this week he is going to play with new sticks.
We mentioned three most popular names. However, you need to pay close attention to other players like:
- Rickie Fowler with 5 points in both ways. He won the championship two years ago. He missed the last season, but still he showed the very good game during a year. It is believed that the second victory comes easier. Let’s wait and see.
- Justin Thomas with 3 points both ways. This season he received 3 victories under the belt. Last season he won the third place. It is not the first, of course, but Thomas is definitely going to show his best.
- Kevin Kisner with 2 points. He can be a dark horse in the championship, one of the best players. Two years ago, he was crushed by Fowler, but still here.
- Pat Perez with 1 point. Only a week ago he won the second place. Last year he was at the third place. His odds are solid.
- Alex Noren with 1 point from Sweden. He is on the thirteenth place at the golf global ranking. He is in a good shape.
- John Rahm may be a premature choice to be at the current stage right now, but he is leading in his achievements.
- Sergio Garcia. His return to the gold after the victory at Masters and one month celebration can be triumphant. He has good record there. And we all remember his win in 2008 year. Apparently, it is his favorite place to be right now.
- Jordan Spieth has a lot of free time since the last Masters. Last time we heard about him from Zurich, making a charge with Palmer. At Augusta he fell apart, but the rest of the year was good enough.