No repeat, Russia, Syria, Iran warn US
- Author: Zachary Reyes Apr 25, 2017,
Apr 25, 2017, 16:35
In an interview published on April 16 in The Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Johnson also warned that the United States could attack again after the April 7 cruise-missile strike made in retaliation for Assad's reported use of chemical weapons on his own people.
Syria's recent chemical attack has left dozens of people dead, and a White House senior official believes that Russian Federation is trying to "cover up" what happened.
While Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said the USA didn't provide evidence that Assad was responsible for the April 4 attack in Idlib, officials in Washington on Tuesday published a four-page document containing satellite images, reports from the scene and details of exposure gathered from victims.
Speaking to Agence France-Presse (AFP), al-Assad said the government had given up its chemical arsenal in 2013 and questioned the authenticity on video footage of the aftermath of the attack.
"If our USA colleagues and some European nations believe that their version is right, they have no reason to fear the creation of such an independent group", Lavrov added.
He said: "British scientists have analysed samples from the victims of the attack".
U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has called Syrian President Bashar al-Assad an "arch-terrorist" and said Russian Federation still has "time to be on the right side of the argument".
Russia, Syria and Iran strongly warned the United States on Friday against launching new strikes on Syria and called for an worldwide investigation of the chemical-weapon attack there that killed almost 90 people. "He has won back most of "operational" Syria".
"Before the chemical weapons attack on April 4, the West was on the verge of a grim consensus - that it would be more sensible to concentrate on the fight against the terrorists of Daesh, and to accept reluctantly that removing Assad - though ultimately essential - should await a drawn out political solution". Speaking through an exclusive interview, Mr. Trump reiterates that the government's policy has not changed.
Assad's government has been blamed for a suspected sarin gas attack in Idlib province last week in which killed nearly 90 people.