German judge approves arrest warrant for Iraqi detained after Dortmund blasts

According to police, an explosion detonated as the bus was leaving the hotel where the team was staying to bring them to their Champions League game against Monaco. He has said he is "doing much better".

Marc Bartra will be sidelined for four weeks, Borussia Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel has confirmed. "We only had 15 players available in the squad", Tuchel said after the game.

We saw it a lot of times on TV, it was far, far away from it, even when it was in Istanbul in my country on New Year's Eve.

Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin, who came on as a second-half substitute, echoed his coach's message and said the attack put everything into perspective. I've had games where they've been delayed for certain reasons or called off and then you have to refocus on the game but I have never been on a coach where there has been explosions.

"The decision to play the match today at 18.45 [local time] was made last night at BVB stadium in cooperation and complete agreement with clubs and authorities", Uefa communications director Pedro Pinto told the Associated Press (AP). I just take care of my guys and my staff.

Tuchel slammed Uefa, saying that they treated the attack as if a "beer can" had been thrown on the team bus. Everyone has the right to deal with it in his own way.

"We want to help every player to overcome his inner conflict. It was close but also very far from us and last night we felt how it is like to be in a situation like this and I don't wish anyone a feeling like this".

The German Federal Prosecutor's Office said three similar letters claiming responsibility found near the site of the attack before the original postponed fixture on Tuesday night made an Islamic extremist motive possible.

"I will never forget the faces in my life".

Bartra was the only player to suffer a significant injury and underwent surgery on a fractured wrist on Tuesday night while bits of debris were also dislodged from the defender's hand as a result of the blasts.

The investigation is focused on two suspects "from the "Islamist" spectrum" Koehler said, adding that both their homes had been raided and one man was detained.

  • Julie Sanders