2 men arrested over nightclub shooting that left man dead

The police complaint states that Beckley and his co-defendant "were engaged in a gun battle" that resulted in the death of 27-year-old O'Bryan Spikes.

Two suspects have been identified in a shooting at a Cincinnati night club over the weekend in which one person was killed and 16 injured.

A man was fatally shot and 16 other people were hurt when a dispute escalated into the gunbattle at the Cameo club early Sunday.

Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black previously said the club had surrendered its liquor licence and would be closed until the investigation is complete. Beckley's attorney didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.

Cornell Beckley was apprehended Thursday, while Deondre Davis remained hospitalized with gunshot wounds from early Sunday, Isaac said.

Obryan Spikes was killed in a shooting at a Cincinnati nightclub Sun., March 26, 2017.

Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley called the incident the worst mass shooting in the city's history and hailed the arrests.

Another man tells a dispatcher he didn't see anything because he was running for his life. The recordings capture chaos in the background with multiple people screaming.

"There is evidence that other individuals were involved in this incident", Isaac said, declining to go into detail.

The venue's operator said Cameo had planned to move out in May because of the landlord's planned sale of the property but will instead close its doors for good on Friday.

Bond has been set for one of the two suspects in the Cameo nightclub shooting.

  • Larry Hoffman