Kyle Busch, Logano reveal little after closed meeting

Kyle Busch and Joey Logano had their mandatory meeting with NASCAR Friday morning at Phoenix International Raceway to put last weekend's post-race altercation behind them. "So, that's that and we'll move and we'll start practicing in a little bit".

After not receiving penalties for their post-race fight in Las Vegas, in which Busch took a swing at Logano, the two were called into a meeting with NASCAR officials before being able to get on track at Phoenix. Hope he was able to see that and know that I was honest about it.

"Everything's great. I'm just ready to get back in my racecar", Busch told FOX Sports 1 and the rest of the media scrum outside the MENCS hauler.

Logano has repeatedly acknowledged he made a mistake as he battled Busch for position, and at Busch's request he brought data to the meeting to prove his point.

Immediately after the conclusion of last week's race, Busch walked briskly down pit road to where Logano had parked his No. 22 Team Penske Ford. "To be able to talk to him face-to-face, I believe it helped".

"It's an emotional sport", said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR executive vice president and chief racing development officer.

Asked if he was OK to the outcome of the process, Logano said, "Yeah, yup". "If that escalates beyond that into doing something intentionally on the race track, we're very clear we'll react".

Going forward, Logano doesn't know if Busch accepts his apology and explanation for why he lost control of his auto. "We were racing hard for position and the auto got loose".

"They'll race differently, as simple as that", Truex said. The highest two finishers from each stage among eligible drivers will compete in the third and final stage, with the highest finisher among the four earning the $100,000 Dash 4 Cash bonus.

Are you okay with Joey Logano moving forward?

  • Joanne Flowers