No. 9 Kentucky wins SEC regular-season title
- Author: Leroy Wright Мар 05, 2017,
Мар 05, 2017, 9:02
He won five at UMass, five at Memphis and now five at Kentucky. She can break the SEC single-season record with three more assists this season.
Kentucky leads the series 8-3.
The Kentucky Wildcatsovercame a slow start on the road in College Station beat the Aggies 71-63, and win their 5th SEC regular season title in the last eight years.
· Next for the Wildcats: UK will open up the SEC Tournament on Friday in Nashville, Tennessee's Bridgestone Arena. No. 13 LSU, 7 p.m.
"De'Aaron (Fox) was ridiculous, both the energy that he showed, his defensive plays, his drives and the three-point plays", Calipari said.
Game 11: Semifinals 1, 1 p.m. The game will be broadcast by the SEC Network.
· Kentucky trailed by as much as 15, at 19-4 with 12:09 to play.
Game 12 - Game 9 victor vs.
· De'Aaron Fox scored Kentucky's first eight points of the second half.
Michael Young scored 14 points to lead Pittsburgh (15-16, 4-14).
Miss 13 of 15 shots to start the game.
· Kentucky came back from a double-digit deficit to win for the third game in a row.
Alabama, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt tied for fifth. United Kingdom is 25-1 this season when shooting at least 42 percent. Texas A&M must wait until the end of Saturday's play to know its seeding. United Kingdom had won rebounding in the seven previous games. The Tigers dropped to 0-5 in the event.
· Calipari has a 688-192 (.782) on-court record, including a 243-52 (.824) mark at UK.
Anriel Howard led the Aggies with 19 points and nine rebounds.
· He made a career-high tying two 3-pointers on four attempts. Kentucky, however, closed out the first half with a 28-9 run. Bam Adebayo finished with 13 points and 8 rebounds.Derek Willis added 11.
Admon Gilder led the way in scoring for the Aggies with 22 points, five rebounds and a steal. United Kingdom trailed Vanderbilt 25-6 earlier this week and got down by 12 to Florida in the first half a week ago.
· Briscoe dished eight assists against one turnover.